Don’t Delay: Schedule Your Furnace Checkup Today
The time of year when you depend on your furnace to keep you and your family warm is quickly approaching. So, before the cold Colorado winter is in full swing, schedule a furnace checkup to make sure your furnace is ready for winter. If you are familiar with the workings of your furnace, you can perform some of these tasks yourself, but you may still want to call in the professionals to give your furnace a thorough checkup. A routine furnace checkup will include the the following.
- Inspect the belts. The HVAC technician will check the belts on your blower or fans for damage. If the belt is stretched, cracked or broken it will be replaced.
- Inspect ductwork. Ductwork can crack or separate, which causes leaks. The HVAC tech will check for breaks or damage and will repair them for you.
- Inspect burners. It is important that your burners are working properly. A dirty burner can be a hazard and may cause the furnace to run less efficiently. HVAC techs test the burners to make sure that they light and stay lit and that the burn a clean flame.
- Inspect connections and wiring. Poor or damaged electrical connections or damaged wires may lead to unsafe operating conditions and may shorten the lifespan of some major parts of your furnace. The HVAC tech will tighten all electrical connections and check the voltage on the furnace motors.
- Check drains. The drainage system will be checked for leaks and clogs to make sure there are no leaks in our outside of the heating system.
- Change the filter. Dirty filters can damage your furnace and may increase your energy bills. Replace or clean filters once a month. This is a job you can do yourself. If you don’t know how to change the filter, ask the HVAC technician to show you how to do it.
If you have any further questions about a furnace check up, please contact the friendly professionals at Balance Point Heating and Air Conditioning. We will be glad assist you in any way that we can.