Shop for a Whole House Humidifier with These Tips
Regulating the humidity in your home is an important part of keeping your family comfortable and healthy. A home that is appropriately humid allows your family to avoid dry skin and respiratory problems that may arise when indoor air quality suffers. You can use these tips to find the perfect whole house humidifier for your needs.
Types of Humidifiers
If you are in the market for a whole house humidifier, there are two types of humidifiers that can meet your needs.
- Steam humidifiers work by using the same concept as a tea kettle. The water in the humidifier is heated up and converted into steam. A duct system that is connected to the unit is then able to transport this steam throughout your home. The major benefit of using a steam humidifier is that heating the water kills any harmful contaminants that would otherwise be circulated into the air.
- Panel-style humidifiers allow water to settle into pans. Air is then used to evaporate the water and carry the vapor throughout your home.
Ideal Indoor Humidity
A whole house humidifier is excellent for achieving ideal indoor humidity for comfort and health. It is recommended that families maintain an indoor humidity reading between 30 and 40 percent. Additional benefits to keeping indoor humidity in this range include protection for furniture and other belongings and a reduction in utility costs.
Factors To Consider
There are some features of a whole house humidifier that you should consider before you make a purchase.
- The size of your home plays an important role in the consideration. Homes with drafts require larger units.
- Some humidifiers need to be installed into your HVAC system.
- You will have to choose between automatic and manual controls. Automatic controls make it easier for you to consistently maintain comfort in your home.
Getting Help With Your Humidifier
Are you ready to reap the benefits of keeping your home comfortable with a humidifier? Contact Balance Point Heating & Air Conditioning for help! An experienced professional can help you decide on the best humidifier for your home.