Don’t Skip your Fort Collins Furnace Maintenance
A furnace is crucial to comfort in Colorado winter, yet it’s so often ignored when it comes to home maintenance. It is easy to forget your furnace or HVAC system since it is often hidden away in low traffic areas of our homes.
To avoid costly, inconvenient, and possibly dangerous emergency repairs, you should always remember your regular furnace maintenance tasks, as well as your annual clean and check. The last thing you want is for your furnace to stop working in the middle of winter.
Why is furnace maintenance so important?
- If you do not properly maintain your furnace, you risk the safety and the integrity of your home.
- You may end up with a natural gas or carbon monoxide leak.
- Hot water can leak from boilers and cause costly damage.
- Dirty or clogged air filters, pilot lights, burners, and the like cause a furnace to run less efficiently and will eventually cause your furnace to stop working all together.
- Those same dirty or clogged filters will also cause higher energy bills.
- If your furnace breaks, it can cause further damage in the form of possible frozen pipes.
- Your warranty can void if you don’t follow the recommended inspection schedule.
What do technicians do during a furnace inspection?
- Measure and analyze the combustion to be sure it follows all of the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Check the burners, pilot light, hot-surface ignitors, and flame sensors.
- Inspect the heat exchanger, wiring, and burners for rust and corrosion.
- Clean out air intake grills.
- Check, clean, or replace filters.
- Check and clean the blower motor.
- Check for blockage and air flow throughout your ventilation system.
If you are in Fort Collins, Loveland or Windsor or any of the surrounding communities please don’t hesitate to call us with any questions you have regarding your HVAC system. We have 24/7 emergency service available. Check out our service area page, if you don’t see your city listed please call the office for more information.